Ausdrain’s 30mm Drainage Cell creates a permanent, non-clogging void between the concrete slab and the soil profile that will not collapse or distort. The 30mm void enables a direct flow of water to designated outlets avoiding the risk of water build-up and penetration. The large surface and capacity void space enables superior drainage efficiency compared to the small voids created by using a gravel system.
The lightweight nature of this product reduces weight on the structure by 98% over gravel making it the perfect choice for planter boxes, roof gardens and landscaped podiums. In addition, there is a 5:1 reduction in the drainage medium height allowing greater soil depth and scope for plantings.
The high compressive strength of Ausdrain’s 30mm Drainage Cell enables materials to be delivered directly by truck and machinery to spread sand and soil once a minimum of 300mm has been placed over the drainage cell/ filter fabric layer.
Filter fabric is placed over the drainage cell and is supplied in roll widths of 2m and 4m. The fabric combined with a layer of washed sand, filters the water eliminating staining caused by gravel, stone and soil materials. The drainage cell also acts as a membrane protection layer, however, it is recommended that a layer of protection board be placed between the membrane and drainage cell.
Our 30mm Drainage Cell is supplied in interlocking 1200mm x 1200mm panels, comprising 4 pieces of 600mm x 600mm. The panels are ideal for large areas but can easily be divided or cut for smaller areas, curves or edges.
Need advice on the right solution for your next project? Our team has over 20 years in the industry and can help you determine what solution is the best fit for your project.
Search this site
30mm Drainage Cell Technical Data (Extra Duty 600)
- 30°C + 120°C
-22°F + 248°F
Available in Reprolene™ or HDPE
Unaffected by moulds and algae, soil bourne chemicals and bacteria
Installation Procedure for 30mm Drainage Cell
1. Place the drainage cell over the surface of the membrane and butt together (interlocking is not required). For additional protection a layer of 3 mm protection board is recommended under the drainage cell.
2. Cut the drainage cell where required using a hand or circular saw.
3. Place the filter fabric over the drainage cell allowing for a 150 mm overlap at each seam. Allow for additional fabric to cushion the edges of the drainage cell around the perimeter against the waterproof membrane and walls.
4. Install the drainage cell vertically to the walls of the planter boxes if required and cover with filter fabric. Allow sufficient overlap to the horizontal sections.
5. Lay a 50-100 mm layer of coarse washed river sand to act as a filtration layer over the fabric.
6. Lay the soil profile to the required depth. Please note that a minimum of 300 mm of cover is required before allowing vehicles and machinery to traffic over the surface.